1 quick and energetic; "a brisk walk in the park"; "a lively gait"; "a merry chase"; "traveling at a rattling rate"; "a snappy pace"; "a spanking breeze" [syn: lively, merry, rattling, snappy, spanking, zippy]
2 imparting vitality and energy; "the bracing mountain air" [syn: bracing, energizing, energising, fresh, refreshing, refreshful, tonic]
3 very active; "doing a brisk business" v : become brisk; "business brisked up" [syn: brisk up, brisken]
- Rhymes: -ɪsk
- Full of liveliness and activity; characterized by quickness of
motion or action; lively; spirited; quick.
- We took a brisk walk yesterday.
- Full of spirit of life; effervescing, as liquors; sparkling; as, brisk cider.
- Stimulating or invigorating.
- This morning was a brisk fall day. It wasn't cold enough for frost but you wanted to keep moving.
Full of spirit of life
- German: lebhaft, vital
Stimulating or invigorating
- German: anregend
Brisk may refer to:
- Brest, Belarus (Brest-Litovsk) Brisk (בריסק) is the city's name in Yiddish
- The Brisk yeshivas and methods, a school of Jewish thought originated by the Soloveitchik family of Brest.
- Brisk, an iced tea soft drink produced by a joint venture between the Pepsi-Cola Company and Lipton.
- Brisk as an adjective means "strong and cold"—usually only used in the context of a brisk wind; or "swift"—a brisk pace. (As an adverb, "briskly" means "swiftly".)
- BRISK, an Italian biotechnology company, specialized in surgical devices.
brisk in Norwegian Nynorsk: Brisk
Siberian, active, activist, activistic, acute, adroit, aeolian, aggressive, airish, airy, algid, alive, animated, arctic, astringent, below zero, biting, bitter, bitterly cold, blasty, bleak, blowy, blustering, blusterous, blustery, boreal, bouncing, bouncy, bracing, breezy, brief, brumal, bubbly, burning, busy, caustic, cheering, chill, chilly, chipper, cold, cold as charity, cold as death, cold as ice, cold as marble, cometary, cool, cordial, crisp, crispy, curried, cutting, drafty, dynamic, ebullient, effervescent, energetic, energizing, enterprising, enthusiastic, exhilarating, favonian, flashing, flawy, fleet, flickering, forceful, forcible, freezing, freezing cold, fresh, frigid, frisky, full of go, full of life, full of pep, gelid, glacial, go-go, gusty, hearty, hibernal, hiemal, high-seasoned, hot, hot as pepper, hyperborean, ice-cold, ice-encrusted, icelike, icy, impetuous, incisive, inclement, intense, invigorating, keen, kinetic, live, lively, living, lusty, mercurial, meteoric, mettlesome, militant, nimble, nipping, nippy, numbing, penetrating, peppery, peppy, perky, pert, piercing, pinching, puffy, quick, quicksilver, racy, raw, refreshful, refreshing, regaling, rigorous, robust, rousing, seasoned, severe, sharp, short, short and sweet, short-term, short-termed, sleety, slushy, smacking, snappy, spanking, speedy, spiced, spicy, spirited, sprightly, spry, squally, stabbing, steady, stimulating, stinging, stone-cold, strenuous, strong, subzero, supercooled, swift, take-charge, take-over, tangy, tonic, trenchant, vibrant, vigorous, vivacious, vivid, volant, windy, winterbound, winterlike, wintery, wintry, with a kick, zestful, zesty, zingy, zippy